Vivo X20 Plus UD Specifications, With Under Display Fingerprint Sensor appears on TENAA. The Chinese smartphone maker Vivo showcased the world first smartphone with an under-display fingerprint sensor. A company said the device would hit the market in 2018 and the phone already arrived on TENAA (Andriod Comunity). China telecommunications regulator TENAA has certified the Vivo X20 Plus UD.
Vivo launched Vivo X20 Plus last year and now they are making changes to its flagship device with an addition of UD(Under Display). Synaptics announced its range of Clear ID in-display fingerprint sensors and stated that they’d been adopted by a top five global smartphone OEM.
Highlights in Vivo X20 Plus:
- Vivo launches the first phone with an under display fingerprint.
- The UD in the model name might refer to Under Display.
- The New model will be an iteration of previously launched X20+.
- At CES 2018, Chinese company Vivo will showcase a smartphone with an in-screen fingerprint scanner.
- With the fingerprint scanner a part of the screen itself, there would be no need to have a scanner on the back.
- If it’s announced at CES, the smartphone could go to market in the next months.
Vivo X20 Plus UD Specification:
The smartphone has dual rear camera setup with the 12-megapixel f/1.8 primary sensor and a 5-megapixel secondary sensor. It includes Snapdragon 660 chipset coupled with 4GB RAM and 128GB internal storage.
There is a 12-megapixel front camera for selfies with f/2.0 lens.
The X20 packs in a 3245mAh battery and the X20 Plus has a larger 3905mAh battery.
The Vivo X20 sports a 6.01-inch display, while the bigger X20 Plus has a 6.43-inch display.
Colour options will be Black Gold, Champagne Gold, Rose Gold, and Matte Black.
Internal storage of the Vivo phone would be 128GB, with support for expansion up to 256GB.
The handsets run FunTouch OS-based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat.