UIDAI Introduces Baal Aadhaar Card For Below 5 Years Children. Unique Identification Authority of India has introduced blue colored Aadhaar card for the children below five years and named as ‘Baal Aadhaar’. Parents can now get the blue Aadhaar card for their children without biometric details by providing one Aadhaar number of parents. Children’s Aadhaar number will be linked to one of the parents.
Baal Aadhaar Card For Below 5 Years Children
Since children’s below five years biometrics are not developed, UIDAI will not capture the biometric information such as fingerprints and iris scan. UIDAI said, when the children complete the age of five years, biometric details should be updated. No documents required to get unique identity card for children. Only birth certificate of child and Aadhaar card of one of the parents are required.
12-digit unique identity Aadhaar number is compulsory identity card for each and every one. In recent days, a number of government schemes seek Aadhaar number to identify the ghost users.
A child below 5 years of age gets a blue in coloured Aadhaar known as Baal Aadhaar. When the child becomes 5 yr old, a mandatory biometric update is required. #AadhaarForMyChild pic.twitter.com/5IBZRuo7Tr
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) February 23, 2018
Procedure for getting Baal Aadhaar card:
- Go to the enrolment center & complete the enrolment form.
2. Enclose the birth certificate of child and Aadhaar card number of one of the parents for authentication purpose. It is mandatory to provide unique identity number of the parent.
3. Also, provide a mobile number for verification.
4. Photograph of the children will be captured as the biometrics are not developed. Biometric details of the child should be updated when the child crosses the age of five.
5. Aadhaar number of the child will be linked to one of the parents.
6. After confirmation, collect the acknowledgment slip.
7. After completion of the registration and verification process, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number. Collect the Baal Aadhaar card of the child after 60 days of receipt of the message.