Telangana Schools Academic Calendar 2018-19 Exam Schedule, Time Table released. TS School Education Department has released the different events to be carried during the academic year 2018-19. Schedule of Activities, Examination schedule, School Games, Short-term Holidays. Month wise number of working days and activities/Programmes in 2018 and 19.
Telangana Schools Academic Calendar 2018-19 Exam Schedule, Time Table
Schedule of activities
- Schools reopen after summer vacation i.e. 1st June 2018.
- The last day of working of Academic Year 2018-19 is 12th April 2019
- Summer holidays start from April 13 and ends on April 31.
- Syllabus distribution for AY 2018-19: The syllabus for all subjects is distributed from 1st June 2018 to 12th April 2019 [Syllabus demarcation for SA1 and SA2 examinations completed]. The syllabus for all subjects for class X shall be completed by 31 January 2019. Revision of classes and pre-final examinations should be completed before the commencement of SSC Board Examinations.
- Syllabus for Class I to IX shall be completed by 28 February 2019. The Revision of classes and remedial teaching to students and preparation SA-2 exam will be done during March 2019.
- Formative Assessment FA1 completed by 31 July 2018.
- Formative Assessment FA2 completed by 30 September 2018.
- Summative Assessment SA-1 should be conducted between 01 October 2018 to 08 October 2018.
- Formative Assessment FA-3 completed by 30 November 2018.
- Formative Assessment FA-4 completed by 31 January 2019 for SSC and 28 February 2019 for classes 1 to 9.
- Summative Assessment SA2 for I to IX classes should be conducted between 02 April 2019 to 09 April 2019.
- Pre-final for Class 10 should be completed before 28 February 2019.
- SSC Board Examinations will be in March 2019.
Dasara Holidays will start from 09 October 2018 to 23 October 2018 (15 days). Christmas Holidays for Missionary Schools will start from 24 December 2018 to 28 December 2018 (5 days). Sankranthi Holidays for other than Missionary Schools will start from 12 January 2019 to 16 January 2019 (5 days).
The national games start from October 2018 onwards. Hence, all state-level games have to be completed before 1st October 2018, so as to send the selected State Teams to the National games. Following is the schedule for games and sports competitions at various levels.
School level games – 3rd week of June 2018 to 1st week of July 2018. Mandal level tournaments – 2nd week of July 2018 to 1st week of Aug 2018. Inter Mandal tournament cum district team selections – 2nd week of August 2018 to 4th week of August 2018. District sports zone tournament cum selections – 1st week of September 2018 to 2nd week of September 2018. State-level inter-district sports zones tournaments cum selections – 2nd week of September 2018 to 4th week of September 2018.
High School timings are from 09.30 AM to 04.45 PM. In case of twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad, the High School Timings will be 08.45 AM to 04.00 PM. Upper Primary School (Class VI to VIII) timings are from 09.00 AM to 04.15 PM and for Twin Cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad from 08.45 AM to 04.00 PM.
Primary Schools & Primary Section of Upper Primary Schools (Class I to V) timings are from 09.00 AM to 04.00 PM and for Twin Cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad from 08.45 AM to 03.45 PM.
The primary Schools & upper primary Schools working in the premises of High School shall follow the high School timings, i.e., the Primary Schools from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm, and upper primary Schools will be from 9.30 am to 4.45 pm.
The residential Schools, KGBVs shall follow their own timetable.
Time-table for Digital Lessons transmission from SOFTNET
Digital Lessons will be transmitted on all working days for Classes VI to X. The teacher has to discuss the topic to be transmitted for 5 mints and prepare children to view the programme. The lesson will be transmitted for 20 to 25 mints. The teachers have to conduct discussions on the lesson transmitted for deeper understanding.
Digital lessons, for class 10, will be in the second period i.e., 10.30 AM to 11.15 AM and start at 10.40 AM. For class 9, digital lessons will be in the third period i.e., 11.30 am to 12.15 pm and start at 11.40 am. Digital lessons, for class 8, will be in the fifth period i.e., 1.45 PM to 2.30 PM and start at 1.50 PM. For class 7, digital lessons will be in the sixth period i.e., 2.30 pm to 3.15 pm and start at 2.40 pm. Class 7 digital classes will be in the seventh period i.e., 3.25 pm to 4.05 pm and start at 3.35 pm.
School Complex Meetings
The number of school complex meetings for Primary School and Upper Primary/High Schools are six. The meetings will be conducted in the month of July, August, September, November, January and February.
School annual day will be conducted in December / January for High School and January / February for Primary and Upper Primary Schools. Bala Sabha will be on the 3rd Saturday of the month. Mass drill/ Yoga will be on 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month. Swachh School Programme will be on 4th Saturday in the month.