How to link LIC Policy Account with Aadhaar, PAN Card, Know Steps. LIC, as per government directives, bring forth a facility on its website to link Aadhaar and PAN details of the policyholders with their policies. Earlier, IRDAI has mandated linkage of Aadhaar number with insurance policies under the Prevention of Money Laundering (Maintenance of Records) Second Amendment Rules, 2017. In view of the above directives, LIC urges its policyholders to link their policies with Aadhaar & PAN.
Earlier, policyholders were getting SMS and fake calls from fraudsters to link their Aadhaar number by sending SMS to the designated number. In the light of the fake calls and SMS, LIC has published a Notice not to respond such type of messages. Because the LIC of India has not come up with such facilities. Now LIC has come forward with a facility to link Aadhaar with policies online.
How to link LIC Policy Account with Aadhaar & PAN?
1) Keep ready Aadhaar card, PAN card and policy details
2) Log into LIC website www.licindia.in
3) Click on “Link Aadhaar and Pan to Policy”
4) You will be redirected to another page where you can link your details
5) Read instructions and click on Proceed (you will find this below Point 4)
6) Fill up your details and tick the checkbox and click on Get OTP
7) After entering OTP, a successful message will appear.
Note: Mobile number should be linked with Aadhaar to received Aadhaar generated OTP.
LIC is also providing the offline linking facility for policyholders. They can download Aadhaar Pan mandate form from the website. Policyholders have to submit this mandate form duly completed along with self-attested copies of Aadhaar card and PAN Card to the nearest LIC Branch for linking of your Aadhaar / PAN number to your LIC policies. The last date for link LIC Policy Account with Aadhaar and PAN Card is December 31.
Direct official link: https://www.licindia.in/Home/Link_Aadhaar_and_PAN_to_Policy