Aadhaar Link SBI Account: SBI will suspend Accounts unless Aadhaar linking performed. Are you an SBI customer? Have you linked up Aadhaar to your bank account? If not, you must do it now, or before December 31. Otherwise, your bank account will be suspended. SBI tweeted recently that “Avail benefits of the digital life. Simply link your Aadhaar number with your bank account.” SBI Account Aadhaar Linking Process is detailed below.
The issue of messages receiving from banks and mobile service providers recently raised in Hon’ble Supreme Court by a senior lawyer Sri K.V Vishwanathan, one of the petitioners. Sri K.V Vishwanathan told to the bench that people are in a panic situation since the messages contain deactivation of accounts or mobile numbers if they failed to link with Aadhaar.
Sri K.V Vishwanathan, during the hearing, said that the govt should tell the banks and mobile service providers not to send such messages. They should inform that customers regarding the last date of linking Aadhaar number. Later, the Apex Court made it clear that banks and telecom service providers will have to indicate the last date of linking with Aadhaar in their communications with the customers.
Aadhaar Link SBI Account Process Steps:
SBI Net Banking portal:
- Log into www.onlinesbi.com and Got to ‘My Accounts’ and click on ‘Link your Aadhaar number.’
- Select the Account number and enter the Aadhaar number and then click on Submit.
- Status of seeding will be sent to the Customer’s registered mobile number.
Swipe the ATM card and enter the password.
Click on ‘Service – Registrations’
Select Aadhaar Registration
Select the Account type (Savings/Checking) and enter your Aadhaar number. You will be directed to re-enter the Aadhaar number again
- Send SMS to 567676 in the following format UID(space)Aadhaar number (space) Account number through your registered mobile number.
- If the mobile number registered with the bank, an SMS of the seeding request will be sent.
- The bank will verify the requested Aadhaar number with UIDAI.
Visit any SBI branch with a copy of your Aadhaar number or e-Aadhaar.
Submit a request letter along with the Xerox copy of the Aadhaar.
After due verification, the branch will do the Aadhaar linking. Status of the seeding will be sent to your registered mobile number.